I want to try post a list of what I'm thankful for each month from now on. With December being as busy as it is for my family, I'm putting it up tonight instead of at the end of the month. It's important that we don't forget to be thankful after Thanksgiving day is over, but we thank God for everything He's given us every day, every week and every month of the year. So, here's my top 10 things to be thankful for in December list:
1. My salvation. I wouldn't be here today if God hadn't saved me. There's nothing I'm more thankful for in this whole wide world than Jesus Christ dying for me on the cross, rising again three days later, and forgiving me of my sins. This is a precious gift, one freely given to anyone who will accept it!
2. My mom. Few people are blessed to have as good a mom as I have. She's raised her children to be good, Godly young people who love their family and Lord, to be different from the world around them, and to be honest above all else. I'm so thankful for God giving me Mom, and I love her so much.
3. My siblings, all six of them. I won't name them (for family safety and because I don't want to embarrass them) but K, Big J, T, Medium J, Little J and V... I love them all, from the ones who are taller than me, to the ones that are shorter than me 😊
4. My friends. Again, won't name them all, but from Maine to Virginia, from Texas to Oklahoma, from New Zealand to right here in GA, I've been blessed with some of the best, Godly friends on this planet. God knew who I needed to be my friend, and who needed me, and He blessed me with meeting some of the best people I will ever know!
5. My adopted uncle and aunt. They're my second defenders (second only to Mom, K and Big J) and I wouldn't know what I was doing without them. Besides, I need at least one person to keep my vanity about my hair under control, isn't that right, Uncle C?
6. My church family. I've got a wonderful church family. They're good, kind hearted people with a love for the Lord, and I'm so blessed to be a part of this family!
7. My hands. Using your hands isn't something most people think of from day to day. We don't normally stop and thank the Lord for being able to brush our teeth, for being able to stir the oatmeal, or do the laundry. But having hands to do the chores, to crochet, to write, to text, to drive, to take care of my siblings... this is something I'm truly grateful to the Lord for. I pray He would bless these hands with many more years of service for Him and to care for those I love.
8. My Sunday school class. I know every teacher must say this, but I really do teach the best Sunday school class in the world! My little ladies and gentlemen are some of the best kids, and though we may get too giggly from time to time (Some of our story pictures are drawn pretty funny!) I wouldn't trade teaching them for anything in the world.
9. My home. It's not a palace, it's not a mansion, it's not even the best house on the street, but it's my home. It's warm in winter, cool in summer, there's electricity and running water. No holes in the ceiling, no cracks in the floors, and we have real windows and doors. We're tightly packed, there's rarely a moment of quiet, and this old house has it's problems, but I'm thankful to have someplace to lay my head each night in safety and comfort.
10. Chocolate covered cherries. Yes, I know, a major change of thankfulness from the previous nine, but December is the only month of the year when I get these, and I dearly love them. Give me a box of Queen Anne Chocolate Covered Cherries and a bouquet of yarn balls and I'll be a happy girl all of December 😉
So that's my list. I'd love to hear what some of the things you are thankful for are!